Position: Mail Room Admin – Clerk
Duties and responsibilities
• Accurately sort mail according to the following categories:
o Registered Mail
o International mail
o Weekly Courier mail
• Print address label from computer if required
• Ensure the address on the letter and the printed label correspond.
• Managing the letter folding machine to ensure all out going post is correctly placed in envelopes.
• Ensure post bag is ready for dispatch at 15:00 daily
• Frank of outgoing local post
• Sort for distribution the Worldmail – by International Zones
• Ensure the Worldmail is ready for collection by Courier concern on a weekly basis.
• Capture weekly couriers that have been dispatched on an Excel spreadsheet
• Scan and send acknowledgements to the staff relating to outgoing couriers
• Create and maintain a database of “serve and file” acknowledgments
• Ensure the speed post is collected from Post Office.
• Ensure that the delivery of local documents are done
• Responsible for the documenting of all outgoing Registered post on an Excel spread sheet
• Manage the stationery requirements relating to the mail room by monitoring orders placed and ensuring that it is received within the required timeframe to ensure efficient running of the mail room.
• Assisting the Postal clerks when necessary
• Assist the Courier Clerk with the recording (in an Excel spread sheet) of all incoming couriers and ensuring that these are handed to the correct recipients
• Assist the Courier Clerk with the recording of the charges schedule relating to international couriers.
• Stand in for the Courier Clerk when required
• Provide Operations Manager with the monthly statistics in an Excel spread sheet
Skills and knowledge
• Good command of the English language
• Computer literate – Ms Office – Word and Excel a must
• Kowledge on Couriers, Local and International Postage would be an advantage
• Valid Driver’s license
• Sound geographical and time zone knowledge would be advantageous
• Matric/National diploma or equivalent qualifications with mathematics
• Advanced /intermediate computer skills / MS Office
Please mail CV’s to cmoabi(at)vhutshilo.co.za
Please use the contact details on each post to get more information on a post or to apply for that post. Commenting on the post with your details will not help you.
Please subscribe to our blog or like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for automatic job notifications
Twitter – @Jobs4SouthAfric
Twitter – @Jobs4SouthAfric
Please use the contact details on each post to apply for that post. Commenting on the post with your details will not help you.Very Important Please use the contact details on each post to get more information on the post or to apply for that post as Jobs4SouthAfrica is only advertising on behalf of recruiters as a community service. Commenting on the post with your details will not help you. Please subscribe to our blog on this page www.jobs4southafrica.com , like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for automatic job notifications Blog - www.jobs4southafrica.com Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/JobsForSouthAfrica Twitter – @Jobs4SouthAfric