|Handyman x 2 -Soweto
Main purpose of the job is reporting to the Repair and Maintenance HOD, the incumbent will be responsible with maintenance work of a general nature with emphasis on air conditioning, painting, plumbing, lock smith, electrical, carpentry and joinery tasks.
Key areas of responsibilities:
– Maintain dignity and respect to co-workers and clients
– Control and preservation of materials and tools issued for the performance of work duties and provide advance notification to supervisor when stocks reach minimal level
– You may be directed by your supervisor to do job tasks that are not listed below but you have the skills and competency to perform in a safe manner
– Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at designated places as dictated by signage or instruction
– Appropriate uniform must be worn according to the job requirement
– Assist and perform basic electrical work requests such as; change air â€“ conditioned filters, electric light bulbs and florescent tubes, door repairs, unblocking plumbing problems in sinks, toilet bowl, shower trays, painting of interior tasks, carpentry and joinery assistance, replacing locks etc.
– Perform surfaces scrubbing with metal putty knifes and scratchers
– Perform surfaces varnishing with brushes and roller
– Paint damaged interior and exterior walls, doors and other building items
– Prepare surface and repair old paints scrubbing, cracks pointing and holes clearance
– Perform grinding padded painted and stopped surfaces
– Varnish surface by hand
– Reads, interprets and performs work from complex blueprints, drawings and specifications
– Performs skilled tasks in building or facility construction and maintenance requiring the application of general knowledge of maintenance and repair techniques, materials, tools and equipment within a safe manner
– Maintain equipment to its optimum performance level by monitoring and performing Preventative Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance tasks with an emphasis on safety and quality of work
Education and experience required:
– NQF Level 3 is advantageous
– Working experience in Facilities environment
– Minimum of 1 year experience in the similar role
Knowledge Skills and Competencies required:
– Good knowledge of general maintenance
– Communicate effectively in the workplace
– Well groomed and well presented
– Creativity and Innovation
– Excellent organisation and planning skills
– Good people management skills
– Independent thinking
– Good knowledge of Health and Safety policies and processes relevant to the catering industry
Interested? Click here to apply for this job right now!
Please use the contact details on each post to get more information on the post or to apply for that post. Commenting on the post with your details will not help you.
Please subscribe to our blog or like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for automatic job notifications
Blog – jobs4southafrica.wordpress.com
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/JobsForSouthAfrica
Twitter – @Jobs4SouthAfric
Please use the contact details on each post to get more information on the post or to apply for that post as Jobs4SouthAfrica is only advertising on behalf of recruiters as a community service.
Commenting on the post with your details will not help you.
Please subscribe to our blog on this page www.jobs4southafrica.com , like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for automatic job notifications
Blog - www.jobs4southafrica.com
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/JobsForSouthAfrica
Twitter – @Jobs4SouthAfric