The competition aims to create awareness around the variety of exciting careers available in the hospitality industry. “Future careers could include working as food writers, managing their own wine training businesses, generating an income at speciality food markets or as pastry chefs, or operating coffee shops or guest houses, to name but a few. We’d like to inspire learners to explore these opportunities and to channel their passion for food into a viable career with international possibilities.”
TPHS is registered as a private higher-education institution and all programmes are registered by the department of higher education and training. TPHS is the only South African institution offering an Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Education and it is also an approved centre to offer City and Guilds qualifications and is the master licence holder of the internationally renowned American Hospitality Academy.
THE PRIZE: The winning learner will receive an all-inclusive bursary for a Higher Certificate in Hospitality Management at TPHS worth R84 900. The supporting high school receives a bursary for a distant-learning Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Education at TPHS to the value of R60 000. This can be awarded at its discretion to one deserving member of its teaching staff.
TO ENTER: Click here.
Open to learners in Grades 11 or 12 in any South African high school.
- Each high school may only enter one learner.
- Participants must submit an original menu for a three-course meal for two people. It must be a menu that can be served in a bistro-style restaurant. The entry must be complete and professional and show insight and creative use of local ingredients.
- The total food cost of the menu should not exceed R150 per head.
- The first round of judging will be handled by the staff of TPHS and for the cook-off at the festival by a panel of chefs.
- Decision of the judges will be final.
- The prizes are not exchangeable for cash.
- The top five finalists will be announced on 27 May 2016.
- These finalists must be available on Friday 5 August for a cook-off in Upington to coincide with the !NABA Food & Wine Festival.
- The awards ceremony will be held on Saturday 6 August.
- Accommodation will be provided for each finalist plus one companion from 3 – 6 August at the Upington Protea Hotel.
- Ingredients for the cook-off will be sponsored by Pick n Pay Upington Family Store.
Please use the contact details on each post to get more information on the post or to apply for that post as Jobs4SouthAfrica is only advertising on behalf of recruiters as a community service.
Commenting on the post with your details will not help you.
Please subscribe to our blog on this page www.jobs4southafrica.com , like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for automatic job notifications
Blog – www.jobs4southafrica.com
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/JobsForSouthAfrica
Twitter – @Jobs4SouthAfricVery Important Please use the contact details on each post to get more information on the post or to apply for that post as Jobs4SouthAfrica is only advertising on behalf of recruiters as a community service. Commenting on the post with your details will not help you. Please subscribe to our blog on this page www.jobs4southafrica.com , like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for automatic job notifications Blog - www.jobs4southafrica.com Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/JobsForSouthAfrica Twitter – @Jobs4SouthAfric