Vacancy : SHE officer (EE females only)
Salary +/- R20k per month
A leading manufacturing company has a vacancy for a SHE Officer, reporting to the Quality Director. The incumbent will be accountable for environmental, health and safety implementation and compliance.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Maintenance of ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
• Developing, implementing and maintaining Safety and Health Management System Works Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Conducting supplier and internal SHE Management System audits/inspections and coordinating external audits.
• Identification of environmental aspects and conducting risk assessments to determine risk prioritization and significance, and to formulate appropriate monitoring and control procedures.
• Facilitation of Environmental Management Plans (EMP).
• Ensuring that the Environmental Legal Register is kept current.
• Control of all existing environmental legal permits.
• Corresponding and liaison with all the relevant Environmental Authorities where needed at National, Provincial and local municipal levels
• Identify and Analyse SHE training needs and development of appropriate training programs to meet these needs.
• Maintain effective communication, reports and meetings and use team forums.
• Implement and maintain awareness programs.
• Interface with management and team leaders.
• Ensuring statutory requirements and records are in place.
• Ensure First Aiders, Safety Reps, GMR2, shifts men, fire fighters, crane/fork etc. appointments and training are in place.
• Conduct trend analysis of SHE performance indicators, presentation of SHE statistics at SHE Meetings and facilitation of SHE Meeting actions.
• Facilitation and monitoring of all induction training.
• Participation as required in any DOL Investigation, query etc
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Excellent computer literacy. (MS Office- Word, Excel, Projects, PowerPoint).
• OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards experience.
• Tertiary Qualification in Environmental/Safety Management/Environmental Science or similar. (B.Tech degree – Environmental or Safety Management or B.Sc degree).
• SAMTRAC or equivalent will be an advantage.
• SHE auditing skills (OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001).
• 3-5 years experience in environmental and safety management.
• Good understanding of SA Environmental Legislation.
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to communicate effectively with management and factory staff.
• Able to work independently.
• Able to work within a team environment.
• Good planning and organising skills.
• Should be target driven.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Proactive to improve processes.
• Good attention to detail and a strong follow-through.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this position, please forward your CV to cv(at)talentstream.co.za with the reference “SHE Officer”. Closing date: 31 July 2011Very Important Please use the contact details on each post to get more information on the post or to apply for that post as Jobs4SouthAfrica is only advertising on behalf of recruiters as a community service. Commenting on the post with your details will not help you. Please subscribe to our blog on this page www.jobs4southafrica.com , like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for automatic job notifications Blog - www.jobs4southafrica.com Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/JobsForSouthAfrica Twitter – @Jobs4SouthAfric